Flexible travel in a changing world
We've always had flexible booking conditions, and in these unprecedented times we've gone one step further with our COVID-19 refund promise. Read on to find out more.
COVID-19 refund promise
If you book an escorted group trip or a self-guided holiday with us, you'll have peace of mind knowing that you're protected should you need to self-isolate due to COVID-19 and are unable to travel.
Coronavirus Peace of Mind
At SAHARANSKY, we do everything we can to ensure responsible travel. To minimise the risk of COVID transmission amongst fellow travellers and the wider community, it’s now a condition of booking a trip with us that customers should have one of the following before they travel:
• Be vaccinated against COVID, having received the full recommended course of the relevant vaccine, and allowing enough time for immunity to take effect, as per the vaccine manufacturers’ recommendations. Full vaccination includes any booster injection required to keep the vaccine valid.
• Have taken a negative test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 72 hours of departure.
Our protocols are guided by the WTTC (World Travel & Tourism Council), UNWTO (World Tourism Organisation), the European Commission and local government regulations and include personal protection, extensive disinfecting and social distancing measures.
• Given the ever-changing nature of local rules and protocols relating to COVID-19, our itineraries are under regular review and will be tweaked according to local requirements to ensure a safe experience. Should any major change be required, we will inform you prior to departure.
• Our tour leaders will make judgement calls during the trip to modify the itinerary if appropriate social distancing can’t be achieved (for example to avoid large crowds).
• Our tour leaders have undergone detailed training on COVID-19 protocols and leading our trips in the ‘new normal’.
• Our tour leaders will brief you on arrival on the usage of face masks and social distancing during the trip, based on local government guidelines.
• Only restaurants with strict protocols that comply to local requirements for food hygiene and social distancing will be used. We will encourage outdoor eating spaces where possible.
• All our staff and third party suppliers will continually be updated on any new health and safety protocols.
• Our drivers will follow local protocols on the usage of face masks and required social distancing.
• Our drivers will make alcohol-based hand sanitizer and paper tissues available in the vehicle and encourage customers to clean hands when they get into the vehicle.
• All relevant touch points (seats, door handles, etc.) in vehicles will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
• SAHARANSKY will only offer hotels that have specific COVID-19 protocols in place and comply with local government guidelines.
• We will ensure these measures include; enhanced room cleaning, ventilation, social distancing, regular cleaning and disinfection of high frequency touch points in public areas, food safety, staff re-training and minimising contact within the properties.